Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving ( sorry so long--When you stop to think of your blessings, you remember so many)

Stopping today, after a very full yesterday, to think again on what I am so thankful for......I am blessed so much that it sometimes is hard to believe.
I am thankful that one day Jesus died on a cross so that I could be his child and that I can one day go to a place where there are no heartaches or trials...only sweet peace.

I am super blessed that I married my best friend. Sure we've had our "days" but really I would be lost without him. We've been together for 21 years (married for 17 of those) and I hope for many, many more years together. He is my rock.

I am also so thankful for my 3 beautiful, handsome, sweet boys. They are pure boy and they are sometimes totally wild, but I wouldn't know what to do if they were not here. In fact, I can't really remember what I did before they were here. Jordan is a teenager now, and he's such a great kid. So far none of the horror stories of his teenage years....yes sometimes he seems like he's in his own world and I have to ask if he's listening, but overall he's a great kid. Carter is a handfull! He is 90-to-nothing ALL day. He is constantly wanting to do something or go somewhere. He is so loving and wants to make us happy. Talon is our sweet unplanned blessing. I love waking up to him laying on his tummy, looking over the edge of his crib smiling his "gummy smile" at me. Even when I don't want to get up, when he smiles all the way from his eyes to his mouth, it makes me "forget" I'm tired. I am blessed that God decided to let me mother a baby again. All of the little things he does everyday reminds me that I am blessed to re-live this for a third time. I love his smile, his cute little "occasional" laugh, his discovering new things and his so sweet smell. I said the other day I wish I could bottle his smell and when he gets older I would take it out and remember his sweet baby smell. I guess if I could bottle the smell of a baby, I'd be rich! I'm sure lots of moms would love to go back and smell that sweet smell. Anyway....my boys....I'm thankful....If I could only freeze time so I could keep them little a while longer....they grow so fast.

I am thankful that I still have both of my parents and that for the most part, they still have pretty good health. They both mean so much to me and I cannot imagine not having them.

I'm also thankful to still have my Granny Lois. We've almost lost her a few times and in reality, she holds us all together. She is such an important part of my life and I'm proud God has seen fit to let us keep her this long.

I'm thankful for Grandma Ashley also. Kevin's family is just as important to me as mine is. I'd do for them the same way I would mine. Grandma is such a sweet woman and I would surely miss her if she wasn't here.

I'm thankful that I DON'T hate my in-laws. So many people cannot say that. We actually have a great relationship. I AM their daughter. For that I am thankful.

My two sisters and my brother...and their spouses........Life would be boring without them. I'm proud we can laugh together and when on occasion we "fuss" together, we realize that we are siblings and that we will always be there for each other no matter what. I love them all and so thankful we are siblings.

I am also thankful for all my nieces and nephews. They are all just like mine. I am thankful that Amber, Alisha, Kayla, Curtis, Cody and Cassidy are growing or have grown into such great adults. Also that Laia, Gabriel and Asher have a few more years of being my babies.

Thankful that I have a wonderful friend that accepts me for who I am and loves me depite the fact! We can laugh at anything and on the occasion that we can't laugh....we are there for one another. It's great to have a friend like that!

Okay and last but not least.... all my Aunts, Uncles, Cousins and Friends....There is no way I could list everyone because I am so blessed, that there are so many. Anyway you know who you are!!!!!

Okay I guess this is finished. I didn't plan on it being so long, but when I got started, I kept remembering more I was thankful for. So if you are still reading, Thanks for taking the time to hear about my blessings! Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. We are all so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment